Let me set up your guitar or bass to play the best it possibly can!
What I will do
A normal set up consists of:
- full evaluation of guitar
- check and fix any loose frets, dress any sharp fret ends
- polish frets
- adjust neck relief
- check and adjust nut slots – lubricate with graphite
- clean and lubricate the bridge
- adjust tremolo action to owner’s preferences
- check and adjust bridge saddles
- set bridge height
- set intonation
- adjust pickup height
- check and tighten all screws
- lemon-oil rosewood fretboard
- clean and polish
- fit new strings
A fret dress is often recommended to get the lowest, buzz-free action and if a fret dress is required this will be performed for an additional charge after consultation with the owner.
Well it depends on your guitar but expect to pay between £40 and £50 plus the cost of the strings. If a fret dress (level and re-crown) is required, it’s normally around an additional £20.