I had this brand new American Vintage Series ’64 Telecaster in for a setup.
Its owner pointed out the very narrow string spacing of the 1st and 2nd strings at the bridge.
The first thing I tried was moving the strings apart, into the next slot. This however caused a problem in that the strings were now up against the height adjustment grub screws and were damped by them, so the strings didn’t ring out as they should.
I looked at other saddles and they had slots positioned at the right distance from the screw and had a lightbulb moment.
I removed the e/b saddle and turned it over, inserting the grub screws from the other side of course. When I re-fitted the saddle in the bridge, the threads were perfectly positioned for even string spacing.